By Roy Peach, Youth Leader
KYCSTART may seem like it’s purely for the young people, but it affects all of our community.
Why though? We’re just a youth club, surely?
Well we are but we’re so much more. Kennington Youth Club offers something for everyone and that is why we are so fortunate to be able to not only have a dedicated team able to adapt our work at these difficult times to allow us to continue offering youth work to all young people in the village but we have a number of private hirers of the hall all offering something to improve the wellbeing of the community.
Following our online survey, we set up a steering group to move youth work forward, but this group has also considered the reopening of the hall to private hirers in light of the government’s advice. It’s been tricky. There’s a lot of information to wade through, but progress is being made.
So what’s happening as of today’s date?
YOUTH WORK Key Points
- Digital youth club continues to run weekly for members.
- Outreach and Detached youth work has started.
- Challenges and competitions open to all young people.
- Community fundraisers – grab a great prize.
HALL Key Points
- Full risk assessment review undertaken.
- Hall marked up ready.
- Full clean through and protective measures being implemented.
We are hoping to have the hall operational again within a few weeks and all hall hirers will be contacted.